Monday, April 5, 2010

Why?

We've all heard parents having the "why" conversation with their children. It goes something like this:

"Don't put that french fry in your ear son."
"Why daddy?"
"Because we eat french fries son, and you eat with your mouth, not your ear."
"Why do I eat with my mouth and not my ear daddy?"
"Because your mouth is the door to your belly son, and that's where your body turns food into fuel."
"What is fuel daddy, and why does my body need it?"

The conversation always seems to devolve as the exchange continues, but the question raised is an important one: Why?

Early on, I want to make sure that you're getting what you pay for. Make no mistake about it, you might not be handing over cash in exchange for the privilege of reading these posts, but you're certainly sacrificing your time and giving away a part of your lives in order to gain something of value from what you experience here. I want to make sure you know why I'm doing this, and what you can expect in return for your time.

My sole purpose here is to share personal observations and reflections on life in the hope that you'll find something of value or significance. If history is any indicator, you'll find something worthwhile here. When you do, share it with someone else that might benefit.

Expect brevity, simplicity, depth, and significance. Don't sacrifice your time unless your getting something of value in return. It's a fair deal for us both.