Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bad Days

We all have bad days. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Sometimes they start out bad. Other times one specific event can turn the tide. Yesterday I went through the day battling. For most of the day I couldn't figure out if it was going to be a good one or a bad one, and I mustered everything I had within me to try and force it to be good. At the end of the day I failed.

We're all going to have good days and bad days. We have to respond to both in ways that are appropriate and measured. When hell comes at us in waves, we have to find ways to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and have a better tomorrow. If we succumb to the bad days we just perpetuate them for others around us. We have to rebound, recover, and move on.

Tomorrow is a new day.